Basic Structure Sales pages take many different forms, but share the same basic structure: 1. Headline 2. Sub-Headline 3. Presentation of the problem 4. Introduction… Read More »The 10-Step Structure for Sales Pages That Sell
As we started discussing in “Free Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter“, the easiest type of free marketing is social media marketing. This has taken… Read More »Free Social Media Marketing: Other Sites
No traffic is really “free“, but social media exposes to a great audience. In this article, we will discuss Facebook and Twitter, even though there… Read More »Free Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter
Email marketing can be a very effective way of bringing new customers into your sales funnel. But due to the widespread use of viruses and… Read More »Follow This Email Marketing Etiquette to Get Yours Delivered and Read
Today you’ll learn how to use direct mail marketing and, yes, telemarketing to your full advantage. I know, the word “telemarketing” might as well be four letters, but there is a way to help customers feel like they are getting personal attention and keep them from blocking your number!
With the success that direct mail marketing has had and the availability of computers, these can be used as a powerful marketing tool for your success.
Telemarketing is best for high priced, high margin products/services.
These are the key steps to putting together a highly effective direct mail marketing program:
- List all benefits customers will get from the purchase of your products and services.
- Pick the single most powerful benefit out of that list.
- Build an attention-getting headline around that benefit. Remember to use emotion-fulfill the desire to be young, wealthy, desired, popular or successful.
- Develop a sales letter using the headline you created to grab attention, provide information and motivate customers to act.
- Put together supplementary items, such as a brochure, order form, reply envelope or note that encourages them to read the letter.
- Rent or purchase a mailing list.
- Compare the cost of mailing vs. cost per order.
There are 5 major components to good advertising copy: (The order of these is essential to success)
- Command Attention
- Showcase Benefits of Products/Services
- Prove the Benefits
- Persuade People to Embrace the Benefits
- Call to Action
Advertising is sales in print.
So, you need to think about the unique benefits your products/services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to emphasize results, not features.
5 Major Components of Advertising
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these components:Read More »Make it Pop!
Direct response marketing is a marketing that demands a direct response from your potential customers. This type of marketing is used to answer questions, present your branding, products and the reason you do what you do. Customers love this, as they are offered the opportunity to respond, whether that be in the way of signing up for a newsletter, posting a comment on your site or blog, or purchasing a product from you.
Direct Response Marketing Forms
So, what does direct response marketing look like? Well, it comes in many forms, including:
- Direct mail
- Print ads
- Radio and TV ads
- Coupons or other incentives