Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future marketing too.
While your marketing is doing its job, you need to be working on turning those prospects into customers.
There are a few key ways to draw them in and seal the deal. You need to be:
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dread buyer’s remorse. First of all, you want to avoid this at all costs and this should be mitigated if you’ve provided a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this can still occur.
There are two ways to deal with this:
- Offer to refund money-no questions asked
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
These offers alone will also mitigate buyer’s remorse because the customer will trust you more, just for offering these things.
Ways to turn a prospect into a customer
There are a number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer. You can offer:
- A special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- A lower price for the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- A referral incentive.
- A smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Package deals.
- To charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Financing options, if applicable.
- A bonus if they pay in full.
- Special packaging or delivery.
- A “name your own price” incentive.
- Comparative data or other comparison tools.
- A trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
This shows that the options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service, and target market.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers?
Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.